Dr. Philip Y. Scarlett
MBBS (Syd), FRACS, FRCS
Subspecialty interests in skin cancer, breast disease, endocrine and colorectal surgery.
Dr Philip Scarlett completed his undergraduate degree in Medicine at the University of Sydney in 1980, in general surgery.
Following this he undertook appointments in Queensland, opening private rooms and also working as a visiting Surgeon in Public hospitals in Brisbane and Caboolture.
This extensive work in the public hospital system involved major general surgery including major abdominal surgeries and the treatment of breast cancer including mastectomy.
Dr Scarlett is a member of subspecialty groups within the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, including the section breast surgery, endocrine surgery and colorectal surgery groups.
Special Areas of Interest
Dr Scarlett offers a wide range of general surgical procedures however his special interest areas include laparoscopic hernia surgery, gallbladder surgery, bowel surgery, thyroid surgery, breast surgery as well as surgical investigation through endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Dr Scarlett has major interest in skin cancer, especially melanoma and provides diagnosis and surgical treatment options.
Qualifications, Memberships and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, 1980
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, 1986
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 1992
- Certificate of independent Medical Examinations, American Board of Independent Medical Examiners, 2014
- North of England Surgical Society Registrars, Prize
- Australian Medical Association, QLD Branch
- General Surgeons Australia
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Breast Section, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Endocrine Section, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons